Saturday, September 22, 2007

It's only just begun!


Luke barely made the cutoff for the 3 year old league and started soccer this year. He is sooo excited! He has been watching his big brother play for the past 2 years and is thrilled that he is getting shin guards, cleats and his very own soccer shirt. Actually, I think that thrilled would be an understatement. I'm not sure I will ever be able to get him out of this outfit.
He did pretty well at his first practice. He watched from the sides and didn't want to participate right away, but soon warmed up and jumped right in. His coach's name is Coach Diego...that was quite exciting for his as well. Coach Diego seems like the perfect coach to have for your first year of soccer. His only expectations are that they are all running the same direction and they try not to use their hands. Realistic expectations for 3 year olds. I'm impressed.
Doesn't my boy look cute?!

And here is Caleb in his 3rd year of soccer. I wasn't able to go to Caleb's first practice and am really bummed about that. It was crazy enough to take all the kids by myself to Luke's practice, and then Caleb's practice time was 3 hours later. Miss Angela, and her hubby Dan, took him and he seemed just fine with that. Apparently the coach noticed how good Caleb was and commented that he must have played last year. Caleb has been looking forward to soccer all summer and was tickled to get his new uniform.

I now know what it is like to be a soccer mom . I thought that I knew what it would feel like 2 years ago, but looking back it was easy then. Now it is getting tricky with 2 kids playing, different days for practice and different time games on Saturdays. We will be spending lots of time at the soccer field this fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally relate!! Jack is doing MSI for the third time here. Lots of practice and games on sat. I hate dragging all the kids out on Wed night to practice, and now we are doing Cub scouts too. AND charlie is in soccer and swimming. It is just beginning.