Sunday, November 04, 2007

Happy Birthday Joseph!!

Joseph's birthday is today and in honor of it, I have decided to write down 29 things I love about him. I have to whittle the list down because there are way more than 29 things, but here are my 29 favorites!

  1. I love to listen to Joseph sing and pray with the boys at night before bedtime.
  2. I love that whenever Joseph and I go out to eat, if I don't like what I ordered he always offers to switch with me.
  3. I love that if the kids are fussing in the car Joseph will offer to let me drive while he deals with the drama in the back.
  4. I love that Joseph can fix cars, things around the house and almost anything I want fixed.
  5. I love how brilliant my man is.
  6. I love watching Joseph wrestle with the boys.
  7. I love that Joseph always wants to spend time with me.
  8. I love that when we go to bed at night (sometimes hours after) and I asked him if he's locked the doors, he will say yes and then go and double check to make me feel better.
  9. I love that when I don't understand something in the bible, Joseph will explain it to me.
  10. I love the example Joseph sets for his boys and they want, so much, to be like him.
  11. I love that Joseph will load everything for the kids and the kids in the car and then wait patiently for me while I finish getting ready. He never honks the horn or gets upset with me, he just waits.
  12. I love how humble my man is and that he is almost always the first to day that he is sorry. I want to be more like him.
  13. I love that Joseph honestly thinks I'm beautiful and tells me all the time.
  14. I love that Joseph has more integrity of any person I have ever met.
  15. I love falling asleep in Joseph's arms while he is praying for us.
  16. I love that Joseph really enjoys doing things as a family.
  17. I love watching Joseph eat sunflower seeds and sing (off tune) to country music.
  18. I love that Joseph would rather me rest, while the kids are at school, instead of clean house or do chores.
  19. I love that Joseph always puts the clean sheets on the bed because he knows I hate doing it.
  20. I love that when Joseph is home he does all the work and lets me relax.
  21. I love that Joseph is always willing to open our home to people and that he helps me get the house ready when we have company.
  22. I love how proud Joseph is of his kids.
  23. I love that Joseph is one of the few people in my life who is willing to put me in my place if I need it.
  24. I love how Joseph leaves little notes all over the house when he has to go out of town. He leaves sticky notes everywhere (in drawers, on mirrors, inside the fridge!) for the boys and I to remind us that he loves and misses us.
  25. I love that Joseph and I talk about any and everything.
  26. I love that Joseph tries to spend time in God's Word daily.
  27. I love that my man enjoys being physically fit.
  28. I love knowing that Joseph prays for me.
  29. My most favorite thing in the world about my husband is that he loves God with all his heart and desires to be a man after God's own heart!

Joseph, we love you so much and pray that you have a Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Sincerely Anna said...

Happy Birthday, Joseph. What an honoring list, Sabrina - you're a great wife to specifically remember all the ways Joseph is a great husband and father. You have a great marriage!

Anonymous said...

Joseph Happy Birthday! Thanks for being the answer to my prayer, that Sabrina met such a Godly man and you helped her to be secured in God's love . She is healing from the past, and My sweet wonderful daughter is a happy mother, and wife.
Love Mom

The Mother Hen said...

Happy Birthday, Joseph! Sabrina has mentioned every one of those things to me & it made me smile (teary-eyed) to see them on your blog. You two are so blessed to have each other!!