I need to get a grip.
One good (or maybe not so good) thing is that the girls are so petite, and at the rate they are going, I will be able to pretend they are newborns until they are 1! At their last Dr.'s appointment they weighed almost 11 and almost 12 pounds. I know, they are tiny! It's been hard to find them clothes that fit because 3mo clothing fits in the waist, but are way too short. 6-9mo clothes fit in the length, but could fit both of them in the waist! So this winter they will be wearing lots of dresses and tights. They are long and slender little ballerina's, just like their...yeah.
They are great sleepers. They still nap 3 times a day and go to bed at 7:30p and don't wake for breakfast until 7:30a. A mother of twins couldn't ask for anything more!
And I guess now that they are 6 months old it is time to start real food. It's funny - with the boys, the day they turned 4 months old I was giving them cereal. With the girls I have waited until the very last minute because I can't imagine how much longer it is going to take to feed them now. I'm going to have to work on a new routine because this is going to really slow things down. That and pediatricians are saying to wait a little longer these days. That reason definitely makes me sound like a better mom and not the, oh-my-how-in-the-world-am-I-going-to-feed-2-babies-table-food-and-still-get-anything-else-done, mommy that I really am!
The boys are in love with their sisters. Joseph and I were just discussing, last night, how neither of the boys have ever shown any jealousy or hostility towards the girls. They both just love all over them! And the girls just light up whenever the boys are around. The one exception to that is when the boys and I are wrestling Daddy...the girls will start crying. I don't think they care for the noise and I can't blame them!
A few random things about the girls:
- They recognize the bottle and boppy and know that if either come out it's time to eat. That makes them quite excited!
- They sleep in the car only if it is moving. There have been many times that I have wished for a tank in rush hour traffic.
- They are still sleeping in the same bed.
- They suck their thumbs only when they are tired.
- It doesn't seem like they really notice (or care about) the other one yet.
- The exception to the above is when we are holding one baby. The other seems to notice and then will fuss to be held. This could be my imagination and guilt.
- The girls are still being swaddled and when you start to swaddle them they immediately put their thumbs in their mouths.
- They are both very ticklish!
- When I am nursing them, they hold hands!
We are so thankful for these two little beauties that have brought so much joy into our lives. Time is really flying by in our lives and these little milestones remind me to stop and take time to enjoy my babies.
Here are my baby girls! Ella is on the left and Lily is on the right. Shockingly enough, I couldn't find a picture of them both smiling at the same time! I am so blessed!