Sunday, October 21, 2007

Control is an illusion

I'm done.

As far as I'm concerned Luke can wear pull-ups until he gets married. Then it will be his wife's issue. I would stick him back in diapers, but that would be too inconvenient for me so pull-ups it is. If he doesn't care and has no desire to go to the potty, then why do I stress about it? That adorable child is making me crazy!! Okay, that is giving him too much credit, but he is making me crazier!

I think Caleb set my expectations WAY too high. He was potty trained in a week, with one 1 set back, at 2 1/2 years old. Now Luke is definitely different in personality from Caleb and I knew he would be trickier, but this is ridiculous. Yeah, can you tell I'm frustrated?!

He will seriously look at me and say, "I don't have to go potty" while pee is streaming down his leg! What is that? Oh, but if there is a Thomas Train in sight, being dangled in his face - he is all about going potty! I'm losing control here! I try not to let him know that I am furious, frustrated and flabbergasted by him, so even though every part of my being wants to scream I try to stay totally calm. So I will scream on my blog where he can't hear me... AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst part about this whole thing is how stinkin' cute this kid is...
Scenario 1: He disobeys and doesn't put his pull-up on at nap time, poop's and pees in his underwear during nap time, disobeys and gets out of bed with his messy pants-socks-self and spreads the gross-ness all over his room, and I walk into his room and am greeted by a mess. I take a deep breath, walk out of the room and call 911 my friend. After I calm down we have the following conversation:
ME: Luke why didn't you put your pull-up on?
Luke: I don't know. I didn't want to.
ME: Were you supposed to put your pull-up on?
Luke: Yes.
ME: Did you disobey Mommy?
Luke: Yes.
Then as I'm changing him...
Luke: Don't be frustrated. Don't be grumpy.
ME: Luke I am frustrated and angry that you disobeyed Mommy and didn't put your pull-up on.
Luke: (while stroking my face) You're so cute.
I bust out laughing
Luke: I'm so funny. I make you laugh.

Oh, Luke... You are so funny, you do make me laugh and you better be really glad that this is the case!!

1 comment:

Soli Deo Gloria said...

sounds like a plan...just let the wife deal with him