Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Daniel - Week 3


Week 3 of my Beth Moore study is now under my belt and it was a good one!
A couple of things that stood out to me are that there are 2 sides of self absorption - self importance and a prevailing sense of inferiority. The first of the above mentioned seems to go without saying, but the second (prevailing sense of inferiority) was a new thought to me. Beth says, "Nursing inferiority can be just as self-consuming as seeking superiority." My adorable friend, Karen, calls it "stinkin' thinkin'" and I love that term. It is a term that will come in handy on my woe-is-me days! (I also think it's AWESOME verbage to use with the kids!)
Another thing Beth said that I loved was, "The world says, 'Seek position!' The Word says, 'Seek God!' If in our humble pursuit of God we find ourselves with a fleeting moment's position, it's a platform for God's glory. A sovereign trust. Matthew 6:33 tells us that if we give our entire lives to the pursuit of God, everything else of value will find us. We'll have a head-on collision with calling, a sense of purpose, satisfaction. You've been chosen, Dear One, by the God of all creation for a life worth living. And you feel inferior?"
So good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So good. I think about this study time and time again. I hope you continue to enjoy it!