Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I now love the question, "What's for Dinner?"

Whew, it was a long day! Joseph is working the evening shift today and I took the kids to soccer practice, gave them a bath and had the boys in bed by 6:50 and the girls in bed by 7:12! It is now silent. I LOVE SILENCE! Yep, it was a long day!!

I think that I am still recovering from my day yesterday. Yesterday my friend Kellie and I made 28 or so meals for our freezers. Yes, you read correctly - 28 meals. We started around 9:15a and ended at 1:30p! It was so much fun!! Tiring, but fun!

Last week we got together and picked the meals that we wanted to make from this book, Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer, that Kellie found and was recommended to me by my friend Erinn. We had decided to only make 2 weeks worth of food so that we could figure out what the heck we are doing. After we planned our meals, Kellie typed up our shopping list and I went to the commissary to pick up our dry goods and veggies and Kellie went the day before we cooked to pick up our meat. We picked a day that our kids would be at school and we could cook without any interruptions. It turned out to be absolutely so much fun and such a sense of accomplishment! To have a variety of yummy meals that are sitting in the freezer is a Stay-At-Home-Momma's dream come true! So is saving money...and after doing the math we figured out that each meal only cost us $3.75! All that and we got to have "Ladies Time" as Lovey calls it. What is that I hear?.... Applause and a standing ovation from all SAHM's!

We loved it, highly recommend it and are excited about our next cook-athon!!



Betty Crocker, I mean Kellie

Chicken a la King...isn't looking so good, but I sampled (I'm all about quality control - probably why I am on Weight Watchers) and it was yummy! Served over french bread or rolls!

Chicken Enchiladas

Manicotti

Thank you, Lord, for a big kitchen!

1 comment:

The Mother Hen said...

How smart you guys are!! So, what's for dinner? :)