Sunday, April 27, 2008

Good news and bad news..

Bad news to report. Joseph has been throwing up since 2:30am! I'm not sure if he ate something bad, has a virus or caught whatever Luke had. My mom finally found some of my most favorite wonder drug and gave it to him around 7 am. He's sleeping and hasn't been sick since. Poor thing.

The really crummy part (and don't get me wrong, it is very crummy that he feels so terrible!) is that we are supposed to have a gumbo today! It's something that Lovey and I look forward to every time we come to Mama's house. Having a gumbo is a BIG deal. Everyone comes over and we all chat while my Aunt Gwen spends hours cooking the best gumbo you have ever eaten in your life. She's Cajun...they invented the gumbo!

Alright, lets get off that subject because it's making my mouth water for gumbo. Let's move on to some exciting news...

I found a dress for Lovey's graduation. I hadn't been actively looking, but starting thinking that perhaps I should get that done this next week. Well, I had the perfect opportunity yesterday because we were meeting my step-mom at the Galleria for lunch. The second I stepped foot in there I was reminded why I rarely go to the mall (and this isn't just any mall)!
  1. I know how to spend money. And I'm really good at it. Really good.
  2. I covet. Especially at Coach, Tiffany's, Anthropologie, Cole Haan and many, many more!
  3. Caleb
  4. Luke
  5. Lily Kate
  6. Ella

I was reminded of 3-6, when I was in one of my most favorite stores, all 6 of us were in a huge dressing room (they are very accommodating when they want you to spend money!) with Luke crying, Caleb talking non-stop and the girls throwing half eaten food on the floor. Luckily, my step-mom and sisters arrived, and saved the day by taking the boys out of one of my most favorite stores so that I could try things on in peace, model for the hubba and spend some moo-la.

I found lots of cute dresses and ended up going home with 2 of them! One was Joseph's favorite and the other was mine. I recognize the fact that I can only wear one at a time, but I am confident I will find some occasions to utilize the other dress. It's way too yummy to sit in the closet! Very exciting to have that accomplished.

1 comment:

Sincerely Anna said...

I went to the fancy mall this weekend too and I was alone with Mini. I thought OH YEAH! ALONE! PEACE WHILE TRYING STUFF ON! Nuh-uh, it didn't work out that way...she was fussy and hungry and not burping easily...all while I was nekkid in the dressing room trying on swimsuits from makers that did not believe in vanity sizing like I was hoping they would. It was a rough morning for me. :P