Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel

Bad news - the breast are full. Full of...I have no idea what but whatever it is, it's painful!! If you seriously cannot stand to read another word about this melodrama I don't blame you please move on....

So last night was the worst. For the past 4 days I have been in agony. Painful agony. I have tried cabbage, multiple sports bras (at the same time!), ice, pumping, hot showers, not facing the water in hot showers and nothing is working.

Lovey keeps telling me that I am just engorged and it will go away on it's own. I remind him that he has never had engorged breasts, so he has no idea how it feels. And I need sympathy...not a flippant "Oh, you're fine." Humph.... Besides all that, out of the (almost) 7 years that we have been married I have nursed a baby (or 2!) for close to 3 of them and I know what engorged feels like. This is way worse than that!! Way worse.

So I awoke him at midnight crying and in pain. And after we had a few "words" (okay, maybe I was the one having words while he was looking sleepy, dazed and confused) he decided to give me lots of sympathy and some antibiotics. I told you he was a smart man!

And today I feel better. And while this has been painful for me, I'm sure hearing about it has been painful for you!! Don't worry, I have a feeling this might soon be over for all of us!!

1 comment:

Melissa Stover said...

i'm so sorry for you. that's a miserable feeling.