In 1 very short month my sweet babies will be 1 year old. I am holding so tightly to them. I am really not ready for them to grow up and when I think about them not being babies anymore, I want to cry. My biggest struggle is learning to appreciate today and not hold so tight that I can't enjoy it. That's hard. I'm trying.
Let just not talk about all that and get down to talking about the Twinkies!
- Ella is crawling and getting really good at it! This is when we work really hard at teaching boundaries!
- Lily Kate can throw down some food! She ate more than her brothers at dinner the other night. Seriously, I made Joseph stop feeding her because I was afraid she was going to get sick from over eating!
- Both girls would prefer to eat what we are eating for dinner instead of baby food. They love table food. Love it!
- They both eat pretty much anything that you put in front of them, but especially love chicken.
- They have finally gotten rid of that early evening nap. They take 2 long naps and then go to bed sometime between 6:30 and 7 pm. They have been waking up later, around 8, lately.
- Lily is so fragile and particular these days. If she doesn't want the particular food you give her or is all done eating, she throws her food on the floor.
- Ella laughs with this great belly laugh, while Lily giggles. So cute!
- Lily Kate gets very, very, very upset if Ella takes a toy from her. Ella doesn't seem to care if one gets taken from her.
- They both respond to their name.
- Caleb can always tell them apart. Luke still can't.
- Ella is getting to be quite a handful when it comes to changing her diaper. She thrashes, wiggles and fusses until you let her go. Drives me crazy!
- They both baby babble quite a bit and there is definitely a different sound to their voices.
- They watch each other a lot these days and will laugh if the other one is getting tickled. or if she hears her sister laugh.
- The only time they seem to get jealous is if one gets the bottle before the other or if one gets picked up out of the crib before the other.
- They love music and Ella tries to sing. You just don't know cute until you have see that!
- Both are getting over their strong dislike of strangers.
People say to me, "Ugh, I would never want twins" or look at the twins and say, "Better you than me" and other silly things, but I was thinking the other day that it is so much fun to have twins! I would never have guessed (or believed it to be true) but it really is a blast! Watching them play together and look for each other and climb over one another and even when they 'tiff over toys - it's so adorable! And those little girlies have brought more joy into our lives than any of us could have realized.
Our little family is so blessed!