Friday, July 04, 2008

Red, White and Blue!

Happy 4th of July!

I love this holiday because I love summer, fireworks and cookouts! Later today we are having around 40 people over for a cookout! Five years ago, that would have stressed me out and I would be in hyper get-the-house-ready mode. Days in advance I would be cleaning, planning the menu, having my kids look cute when guests got here and making sure that our house looked like a model home.

Now, I am a realist. I wipe down the bathroom.

I want to be a gracious host (with a clean bathroom) who concentrates more on fellowship than perfection. Not concentrating on perfection can be hard for me. Very hard. So God blessed me with 4 little lovies.

1 comment:

Sincerely Anna said...

You've come a long way! I've gotten better in this area to thanks to blogging, if you can believe it! Sandy at www.reluctantentertainer.com. She offers a lot of Fellowship-Over-Perfection kind of advice.