Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Works For Me: The Five-Ingredients-Or-Less Edition



Shannon asked us to share a recipe that involves 5 ingredients or less and I thought that I would contribute the yummiest BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe that is also a Weight Watchers recipe! "Yummy and
lo-fat? Are you serious?" Oh, I assure you this is a good one!! Only problem: it has 6 ingredients!!! Shhh...

Barbecue Chicken Pizza


(Found in the Weight Watchers 15-Minute Cookbook)


1 10oz package refrigerated crust
1 1/2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup honey barbecue sauce
1 c. mozzerlla cheese
3/4 cup red onion
3/4 cup green pepper


1. Bake the pizza dough for at 425 for 5 min.


2. While crust bakes, spray skillet with non-stick spray and green pepper and onion over med-high heat until veggies are tender. I like to carmelize them for added flavor!

3. Spread half cooked crust with sauce, then top evenly with chicken. Arrange veggies evenly over chicken and top with cheese. Bake an additional 8 min. or until cheese melts and crust us golden.


Viola! Six yummy servings that are 5 points each (or 238 calories for all you non-WW type)!!

For more great recipes head over to Rocks In My Dryer! This recipe Works for Me!

3 comments:

Karol said...

Love the look of this recipe!... and the points too! Your kids are beautiful. I'll try the recipe and let you know what we think!

Soli Deo Gloria said...

Sab- we love this pizza. I need to make it again soon.Although I think I could eat that whole pizza myself, which defeats the whole low point thing. Anyway, it reminds me of the good old MAFB days when we traded dinner nights and you made this often... remember that?
BTW, how many ingredients are those yum (but probably not so healthy)chicken enchiladas of yours?
JB

Holly said...

Yum... one of my favorites! In fact, I just polished off the leftovers from last night's dinner!